EquityBuild Inc. Properties
Before EquityBuild, real estate investing was only for people who were already wealthy. The rest of us had to choose between meager returns and high-risk or low-risk investments like T-bills and CDs, or even, gamble on the volatile stock market.
No longer. Together, we are building a new era.
EquityBuild is the way for hard-working people to secure their financial future.
An EquityBuild Inc. Property
We guarantee that an EquityBuild property’s value will never drop below the purchase price plus the costs of rehabilitation under standard market conditions
Who we are
We're just like you. We want to provide our children and grandchildren with the best future possible. We're a dedicated team of professionals, working hard to provide you the knowledge and experience you need to succeed but can't get anywhere else.
We produce above-market returns by creating a low-risk, hassle-free, turn-key experience for our investors.
Vision and Values
- Equitybuild's deeply held belief is to serve others with our investment expertise. We identify upside opportunities and create value at every step of the process
- Promote high-performance private wealth creation beyond tradition equities.
- Empower accredited investors with nimble offerings and proactive advocacy
- Revitalize communities neglected by failed government policies
- Spark New pockets of prosperity, altering urban blight and dependency
- Grow the private sector by maximizing returns with proven investment models.
When you invest in a property through EquityBuild, you get a team and a process - tested and proven though decades of experience.
That's not to say we have created the ultimate one-size-fits-all model. Anybody who claims to have that is either lying or crazy.
Through years of active real estate investing - more than a thousand transactions:
- We have learned how to identify undervalued markets and properties.
- We have learned how to structure deals to maximize performance.
- We have learned how to build relationships at the neighborhood level, so we can uncover the hidden gems.
- We have learned how to build fluid, high-performing teams, which include agents, birddogs, analysts, contractors, and property managers.
- We have learned how to make real estate deliver passive cash flow our clients can rely on. Our experience helps us ask the right questions and avoid making painful mistakes.
- We have access to a vast amount of information. We know how to analyze and leverage it so we can take positive action.
And, we move fast when the time comes to make a deal. Most of all, we have learned never to rest on our laurels. We approach each new deal for the unique opportunity it presents while assuming nothing. Sure, we have a vast amount of experience, but we are always learning and continually innovating our proprietary systems and methods.
EquityBuild Inc. Property
How do we find the right properties to invest in?
It's not easy: the real estate market is always changing. Knowing how, where, and when to invest can be daunting.
Here's how we do it:
1. We start by underwriting not only markets, but submarkets. We go block-by-block to find the best opportunities.
2. We nurture an extensive network of subject matter experts. They provide us with detailed, real time, accurate data.
3. We also leverage a network of top professionals in inspection, title, escrow, and legal services, as well as construction and property management.
4. Our strong relationships with city officials let us produce results others cannot.
EquityBuild’s team of highly skilled experts has decades of success in real estate investing, with more than 1,200 transactions completed.
We have learned our lessons; sometimes the hard way. But that means you won't have to. We ask the right questions and avoid making painful mistakes. We understand tax implications and carefully plan exit strategies. We analyze and leverage a vast amount of information, and we move fast when the time comes to make a deal.
Jerry CohenCEO & Chairman
Began his real estate investment career in 1984 and quickly became renowned as one of the largest real estate investors in the Mid-Atlantic.
Has been principal in more than 1,000 real estate investment transactions.
Creator of EquityBuild’s proprietary econometric model that identifies undervalued and outperforming markets.
Constructed and refined an investment approach designed to ensure investors capitalize on the opportunities identified by his model.
Shaun Cohen, M.A.Economics, President
Shaun Cohen, the president of EquityBuild Finance and vice president of EquityBuild, resides in Texas with his wife and three children. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in philosophy and literature in 2000 from St. Johns College in Annapolis, Maryland and his Master of Science in economics from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia in 2008.
In 2007, Shaun joined EquityBuild; a small family-run real estate development and investment firm that only had one employee. His creative, yet analytical, approach to real estate investing spurred superior returns for both EquityBuild and its investors. In 2010, Shaun created EquityBuild Finance, the funding arm of EquityBuild, opening a window of additional investment opportunities for investors to secure their financial future through turnkey real estate investments.
Shaun became active in real estate investing at an early age and maintained a strong presence in the real estate investment world. Interviewed by William Shatner and Doug Llewelyn on Moving America Forward in 2013, Shaun was named a "cutting edge entrepreneur." In 2014, he was featured as a real estate expert on the radio show Real Estate Talk with Willie Lambright and was named a DCEO (Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity) Financial Executive Finalist the same year.
From 2007 to now, Shaun has helped orchestrate hundreds of real estate transactions and private loans and has assisted many investors in diversifying their portfolios. He has been instrumental in adding nearly 100 buildings and 1,400 units to the EquityBuild portfolio, as well as almost $150mm in assets under management.